Today, more and more children are being raised by their grandparents. Grandparents who step in to help keep the family together face the unexpected responsibility and challenge of caring for grandchildren who do not live with their parents. Grand Family Camp will give grandparents and grandchildren the opportunity to heal, grow, and connect in Montvale’s tranquil woodland environment.
The goals of Grand Family Camp:
• To provide an emotionally and physically safe environment
• To promote attachment and strengthen relationships
between grandparents and children
• To provide therapeutic and experiential activities through nature,
art, animals, music, and movement
• To educate participants about attachment, trauma, grief,
and grand parent-child interactions
• To acknowledge, honor, and embrace each child’s journey
• To create an experience of trust and connection
• To have fun and to encourage imagination, creativity,
and curiosity through play
• Arts and Crafts
• Nature Walks
• Swimming in our expansive pool
• Activities for the kids – basketball, sand volleyball, GaGa ball,
ropes course, and equine therapy
• Opportunities to connect with other grandparents who are raising their grandchildren
• Campfires, s’mores, and much more!
Harmony’s Grand Family Camp takes place at historic Montvale, eight miles from Maryville,
on 364 scenic acres at the foot of Chilhowee Mountain. Owned and operated by Harmony
Family Center, Montvale’s woodland setting, adjacent to Great Smoky Mountain National
Park, is the ideal place for grand-families to play, relax, and connect.
There is no cost to participants. To register, please contact
Pam Frye at 865.982.5225.